Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Kenny Chesney Concert review

So last Sunday (June 8th) my sister, her bf Rick and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert at AT&T park in SF. The day was long and I knew it was going to be hot, but then so were all the cowboys I was going to see that day :) My day started out at 6:30AM, yes for a 4pm concert. I was picked up and with all out BBQ gear we headed out. The beer started flowing at 11:30, hey it was 5:00 somewhere, and it just kept going. After many hours, drinks and lots of food, we headed inside the park. We were special, we had club seats and our own private entrance and front row seats. What more could I ask for? I had to ask. Not only had I had one too many beers, ok maybe 2 too many, the heat wasn't helping. AT&T park was not designed to hold a bunch of crazy country music fans, so the entire second deck felt like it was going to collapse! I decided to head inside to use the civilized toilets, I don't do portable toilets, and of course discovered the mile long women's line. After witnessing drunk people staggering all over the hallway, it was finally my turn! Only to hear the bathroom attendant announce that a water main had broken in the building and you couldn't flush or wash your hands! I was mortified. Other than the toilet issues, the concert was awesome! I can't remember the first guy who performed, some no name. Then Gary Allan came on, then LeAnn Rimes, Brooks and Dunn and then the coup de grace Kenny himself appeared.... AHHHHHH :) So happy! He had a guest performer, Steve Miller- they sang "The Joker" and "Rock n' Me" and if that wasn't enough he brought out Sammy Hagar! They sang "I'll Fall in Love Again" and "I can't Drive 55." It was so awesome. So after a 2 hour performance, we all loaded back into the truck and headed home. Sometime around 1am I fell asleep and could have killed my alarm when it went off at 6!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Sammy - "55" is a bit overdone, but "I'll Fall In Love Again" is a great tune.

Of course, I can't abide by all the country nonsense, but it sounds like you had fun.